QualityMall.org - Complete Product Information
Use the FILE menu on your web browser to print this information or save it to
Close or minimize this window to continue using QualityMall.org.
Down syndrome and Alzheimer's disease
Authors: Alzheimer's Australia, Down syndrome Australia, and the Centre for Developmental Disability Health
This eleven-page fact sheet reviews a great deal of information about Alzheimer's disease and people who have Down syndrome, click on the "Web Links" tab above to download it as a PDF. The contents are organized under the following questions:
About Alzheimer’s disease and Down syndrome
• What is Alzheimer’s disease?
• Why do people with Down syndrome often get Alzheimer’s disease?
• Can Alzheimer’s disease be prevented?
• Do all people with Down syndrome develop Alzheimer’s disease?
• How common is Alzheimer’s disease in people with Down syndrome?
• How is Alzheimer’s disease diagnosed in someone with Down syndrome?
• What information should be passed on to medical professionals to help with a diagnosis?
• How Does Alzheimer’s disease affect people with Down syndrome?
• My family member has shown some of these symptoms, do they have Alzheimer’s disease?
• Where can I get advice about assessment services?
• Are there treatments for Alzheimer’s disease?
• What can I do to support a person diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease?
• What happens to people with Alzheimer’s disease over time?
• Where can I get more information, advice and support?
• Further reading
• Contact details for State and Territory Down Syndrome Associations
|Organization:||The Centre for Developmental Disability Health|
|Address:||122 Thomas Street|
Dandenong, Victoria 3175
| || |
|Phone:||(03) 9792 7888|
| || |
Download the 11-page fact sheet as a PDF
Visit the home page of the publisher, The Centre for Developmental Disability Health - Victoria
This information was found at www.qualitymall.org