QualityMall.org - Complete Product Information
Use the FILE menu on your web browser to print this information or save it to
Close or minimize this window to continue using QualityMall.org.
RESNA, the Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America, is a professional organization dedicated to promoting the health and well-being of people with disabilities through increasing access to technology solutions.
RESNA advances the field by:
- Offering certification, continuing education, and professional development
- Developing assistive technology standards
- Promoting research and public policy
- Sponsoring forums for the exchange of information and ideas to meet the needs of our multidisciplinary constituency.
The RESNA organization provides many services, and has created many products to promote quality in assistive technology for persons with disabilities. These include:
- Creating a certification process for professionals in the assistive technology field. There are separate certifications for professionals involved in analyzing the needs of consumers with disabilities, assisting in the selection and providing training in the use of the selected device(s), and those working in seating and mobility.
- Providing online and in-person training on assistive technology. The RESNA website lists several upcoming webinars, and professional training workshops that are held throughout the United States. There is also an archive of past webinars available for purchase on the RESNA website.
- Developing standards for assistive technology. The organization sells technical reports explaining the standards for many devices, although most are specific to wheelchairs/mobility devices.
|Address:||1700 North Moore Street Suite 1540|
Arlington, VA 22209
| || |
| || |
Home page of RESNA
This information was found at www.qualitymall.org