QualityMall.org - Complete Product Information
Use the FILE menu on your web browser to print this information or save it to
Close or minimize this window to continue using QualityMall.org.
The International Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication (ISAAC)
The International Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication (ISAAC) works to improve the lives of children and adults who use AAC. ISAAC’s vision is that AAC will be recognized, valued and used throughout the world. ISAAC’s mission is to promote the best possible communication for people with complex communication needs.
Augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) helps millions worldwide who cannot rely on their natural speech to communicate.
ISAAC’s goal is to create worldwide awareness about how AAC can help individuals without speech. ISAAC accomplishes this by sharing information and promoting innovative approaches to research, technology and literacy through AAC. Activities include hosting the ISAAC biennial conference, sponsoring projects, and offering awards and scholarships.
On the ISAAC website you can find information about ISAAC, including their biennial conference, International AAC Awareness Month, the Leadership Project for People who use AAC, and much more. Publications and other information resources are available through the ISAAC International office.
Facts about ISAAC:
* ISAAC was formed in 1983.
* ISAAC has Chapters in 15 countries and more than 3,600 members in 62 different countries.
* ISAAC members include people who use AAC, their families, therapists, teachers, students, doctors, researchers, organizations and companies that make communication aids.
* ISAAC is a Non-Governmental Organization in consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
* ISAAC publishes a quarterly journal with peer reviewed articles. The journal's title is "Augmentative and Alternative Communication."
* ISAAC holds a bi-annual, international conference
-Information taken from the ISAAC website viewed on 10/18/13 (www.isaac-online.org/english/home/)
|Organization:||The International Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication (ISAAC)|
|Address:||312 Dolomite Drive, Suite 216|
Toronto, ON M3J 2N2
| || |
| || |
See The International Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication (ISAAC)'s definition of "augmentative and alternative communication"
Learn about ISAAC's publications
Home page of the English language version of ISAAC's website
This information was found at www.qualitymall.org