QualityMall.org - Complete Product Information
Use the FILE menu on your web browser to print this information or save it to
Close or minimize this window to continue using QualityMall.org.
Evidence-Based Instructional Strategies for Transition
Authors: David W. Test Ph.D (ediitor)
This is a guidebook for professionals to help support successful transitions for young adults with significant disabilities. This book has useful strategies to help special educators, transition specialists, guidance counselors, and other professionals to:
*Align instruction with the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) requirements.
*Pinpoint student needs and interests with formal and informal assessment strategies.
*Strengthen IEPs with measurable, relevant, and specific postsecondary goals.
*Teach students the skills needed to succeed.
*Use the most effective instructional strategies, such as mnemonics, response prompting, peer assistance, visual displays, and computer-assisted instruction.
*Assess effectiveness of instruction.
*Increase student and family involvement in transition planning.
The guidebook also includes IEP templates and worksheets, checklists and key questions, thumbnails of key research studies, and sample scenarios that show teaching strategies in action.
Chapter titles and authors
1. Transition-Focused Education - David W. Test
2. Transition Assessment for Instruction - Dawn A. Rowe, Larry Kortering, & David W. Test
3. Teaching Strategies - Sharon M. Richter, April L. Mustian, & David W. Test
4. Data Collection Strategies - Valerie L. Mazzotti & David W. Test
5. Student-Focused Planning - Nicole Uphold & Melissa Hudson
6. Student Development: Employment Skills - Allison Walker & Audrey Bartholomew
7. Bound for Success: Teaching Life Skills - April L. Mustian & Sharon L. Richter
8. Strategies for Teaching Academic Skills - Allison Walker & Kelly Kelley
-Information taken from the publisher's description of the guidebook viewed online on 8/25/12 (products.brookespublishing.com/Evidence-Based-Instructional-Strategies-for-Transition-P300.aspx)
|Organization:||Brookes Publishing Co.|
|Address:||P.O. Box 10624|
Baltimore, MD 21285-0624
| || |
|Phone:||1-800-638-3775 or 1-410-337-9580|
| || |
Description of book on the publisher's website
Send an email to the publisher
Home page of the publisher, Paul H. Brookes
This information was found at www.qualitymall.org