QualityMall.org - Complete Product Information
Use the FILE menu on your web browser to print this information or save it to
Close or minimize this window to continue using QualityMall.org.
Made for Good Purpose What Every Parent Needs to Know to Help Their Adolescent with Asperger's, High Functioning Autism or a Learning Difference Become an Independent Adult
Authors: Michael P. McManmon
ISBN: : 978-1-84905-863-6
This book is written to the parents of young adults who have disabilities, and guides them in the process of launching their sons and daughters into independent adult lives. The author, Dr. Michael P. McManmon is the founder of the College Internship Program (CIP) that serves college-aged students with learning differences and Asperger's Syndrome in six centers across the US. CIP's goal is to prepare young men and women with skills for life, for work and independent living. Dr. McManmon was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome at fifty-one years of age.
1. Understanding Your Diagnosis: The Power of Knowing
2. Learning the Art of Letting Go: The Steel Umbilical
3. Keeping it Real: The Donkey Rule
4. Pulling it all Together: Executive Functioning
5. Being in the Groove: Social Competency
6. Having a Shoulder to Lean On: Social Mentoring
7. Get a Job, Son: Internships and Community Service.
8. Handling Finances: Money Makes the World Go Round
9. Feeling Fit, Groomed, and Fueled: Health and Wellness
10. Learning the "Hidden Curriculum:" Friendship then Love
11. Learning Openness, Tolerance, and Diversity: Be Yourself... Everyone Else is Taken.
12. Moving Forward: The Genuine Evokes the Genuine
Description based on (with chapter titles and Dr. McManmon’s bio copied from) information viewed on the publishers website on 2/25/12 at www.jkp.com/catalogue/book/9781849058636
|Organization:||Jessica Kingsley Publishers Inc - US Office|
|Address:||400 Market Street, Suite 400|
Philadelphia, PA 19106
| || |
|Phone:||215 922 1161|
|Fax:||215 922 1474|
| || |
Description on the publisher's website
Homepage of the publisher, Jessica Kingsley
This information was found at www.qualitymall.org