QualityMall.org - Complete Product Information
Use the FILE menu on your web browser to print this information or save it to
Close or minimize this window to continue using QualityMall.org.
“Community Now is a statewide, all volunteer organization comprised of advocates; Texans who have a disability, parents, grandparents, and siblings who see the potential for persons who have a disability and fight for their right to live in their communities with access to quality, community-based long-term care supports and services.”
A listing of the organization's activities:
- Support efforts to assist people who want to leave State Institutions and move into their communities.
- Support educational demonstrations that encourage immediate action by key statewide leaders.
- Educate the community through multi-media presentations regarding the abuse in Texas' institutions, lack of accountability and the need for long-term care reform.
- Help produce documentary films to expose the abuse, lack of accountability, and institutional failures in Texas.
- Provide on-going information about the need for long-term care reform
- Organize local Community Now! networks.
- Provide small, one-time grants, up to $250.00 to individuals who leave a Texas institution to live in their community.
Information copied verbatim (with a few deletions) from the “About Us” section of the organization’s website as viewed on 12/22/11 (URL: communitynowfreedom.org/About_Us.php)
Home page of Community Now!
Visit the Community Now! Blogspot
This information was found at www.qualitymall.org