QualityMall.org - Complete Product Information
Use the FILE menu on your web browser to print this information or save it to
Close or minimize this window to continue using QualityMall.org.
National Association for Down Syndrome
NADS is the oldest organization in the country serving individuals with Down syndrome and their families. It was founded in Chicago in 1961 by parents who chose to go against medical advice and raise their children with Down syndrome at home.
The mission of the National Association for Down Syndrome is to support all persons with Down syndrome in achieving their full potential.
In fulfilling this mission, it will:
- Provide families with Down syndrome members with information and resources to enable them to access and evaluate appropriate services.
- Educate the public about Down syndrome.
- Address social policy issues and challenges facing the Down syndrome community.
- Facilitate and encourage active participation by self-advocates and families in the delivery of education, vocational, residential and other services for persons with Down syndrome.
The organization provides the following services:
- Parent Support
- Resource Referrals
- Public Awareness
- Self-Advocate Program
- More Than Down Syndrome Retreats
- Conferences & Seminars
- Public Speakers for Schools, Medical Professionals, and Community Organizations
- The support it provides to families is at the core of their mission, but they do not have the staff or the resources to provide direct services outside of the Chicago metropolitan area. However, many of their other services are available to a wider community, including the conferences, products and publications, website, and the information about Down syndrome it provides. Their members can be found throughout the United States—and across the globe.
The information above was copied and modified from the NADS website on 12/28/17 (http://www.nads.org/about-us/)
|Organization:||National Association for Down Syndrome [NADS]|
|Address:||1460 Renaissance Drive|
Park Ridge, IL 60068
| || |
| || |
Learn more about NADS
Visit the NADS home page
This information was found at www.qualitymall.org