QualityMall.org - Complete Product Information
Use the FILE menu on your web browser to print this information or save it to
Close or minimize this window to continue using QualityMall.org.
IDS Neighborhood Stabilization Program
A program from the Institute for Disabilities Studies at The University of Southern Mississippi to help people with disabilities in the Jackson, Mississippi area live in and own their own homes.
From the IDS Neighborhood Stabilization Program brochure:
"Have You Ever Dreamed Of...
1. Owning your own home?
2. Living in a great city?
3. Living in a completely remodeled home?
4. Having an affordable mortgage?
5. Utilizing the latest assistive technology to accommodate your
needs as an individual with disabilities or the needs of a family
member with disabilities?
The IDS Neighborhood Stabilization Program can make your dream a reality for you and your family.
Through the IDS Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP), The University of Southern Mississippi Institute for Disability Studies (IDS) is working in five targeted Jackson, Mississippi, neighborhoods to
1. Buy, demolish, rehabilitate or reconstruct and sell foreclosed
properties, reducing the number of vacant houses and raising
surrounding property values;
2. Utilize Universal Design principles and energy efficiency and green
construction techniques to increase the value of the properties;
3. Promote and increase homeownership by providing affordable homes to
qualifying low-income families; and
4. Meet the housing needs of people with disabilities and their
families wishing to live in the targeted neighborhoods and provide
technical assistive devices to accommodate the specific needs of
individuals with disabilities.
Am I eligible?
The IDS NSP is working with individuals and families with incomes at or below 50% of the area median income who are interested in purchasing properties in the five targeted areas of Jackson, with a special emphasis on families with members with disabilities.
1. must be first-time buyers,
2. must use the home as their primary residence,
3. must be purchasing a foreclosed, single-family residence in the
Jackson city limits,
4. must attend homebuyer education class, and
5. must be credit-worthy and be pre-approved for a mortgage.
Where are these houses located in Jackson?
Houses qualifying for the IDS NSP must be located in one of five City of Jackson neighborhoods
1. Alta Woods – 39204 zip code
2. Farish Street Historic District – 39203 zip code
3. North Jackson – 39206, 39213, 39216 zip codes
4. Midtown – 39201, 39202 zip codes
5. West Jackson – 39209 zip code
-information taken from the IDS Neighborhood Stabilization Program brochure viewed online on 11/14/10 (http://www.usm.edu/ids/housing/nsp/index.php)
|Organization:||Institute for Disability Studies|
|Address:||118 College Drive # 5163|
Hattiesburg, MS 39406-0001
| || |
| || |
IDS Neighborhood Stabilization Program Online Brochure
This information was found at www.qualitymall.org