QualityMall.org - Complete Product Information
Use the FILE menu on your web browser to print this information or save it to
Close or minimize this window to continue using QualityMall.org.
College Guide for Students with Disabilities
Authors: College Foundation of North Carolina
This four page guide explains the rights and responsibilities of college students with disabilities, including information about Section 504 of the 1973 Rehabilitation Act and the American's with Disabilities Act. It is written at an advanced reading level, click on the "Web Links" tab above to download the guide as a PDF.
The contents of the guide are organized as follows:
- An overview of what college is like for students who need accommodations
- A review of the laws (section 504 and the Americans with Disabilities Act)
- Choosing a college
- Documentation of Disability
- Requesting accommodations for college entrance exams
- Requesting and obtaining accommodations as a college student
The guide concludes with a list of resources for further information.
|Organization:||College Foundation of North Carolina Resource Center|
|Address:||P.O. Box 26170|
Greensboro,, NC 27402-6170
| || |
| || |
Download document in PDF
This information was found at www.qualitymall.org